5 Memorable Christmas Gift Ideas
We all know that finding the perfect gift around the holidays can be overwhelming, but that doesn’t mean you should settle for giving boxers or a yet another Bratz doll. Ensuring your gift is both personal and meaningful isn’t as hard as you might think. Here are five keepsake gift ideas to ensure your gift sees more than the inside of a closet, stomach or dusty shelf.
1. Homemade Ornaments: A good Christmas tree can never have too many ornaments – especially ones bursting with memories. Have an old ski lift ticket from a family trip? Don’t know what to do with the ticket stub from your first date with your spouse? Kids color a cute picture of Santa on a napkin? Laminate it and hang it on the tree!
2. Baby’s First Christmas Keepsake: Brag books aren’t just for grandma. Now you can document all of baby’s Christmas firsts with a book that holds all the memories. Pearhead Bragbook First Christmas, Diapers.com, $6.95
3. Patchwork Holiday Stockings: As the kids grow up and outgrow their old holiday sweaters and dresses, recycling the fabric, buttons and bows to create a holiday stocking is a great way to capture the memories. Whether you create the whole stocking in one sitting or add a patch holiday season, you’re putting old memories to good use so you can enjoy them each year.
4. Digital Photo Frame: One of the best ways to show a friend or family member how much you care is by reminding them of the fun time you have together. Scan through old photos to find the gems hidden on your computer and bring them to the light on a digital photo frame! Pandigital PAN7000DW 7-Inch Digital Picture Frame, Amazon.com, $59.99
5. Recipe Scrapbook: From Santa’s cookies and pumpkin pies to the family’s Tuesday night spaghetti tradition, compile your favorite childhood meals and savory cravings to create the ultimate recipe scrapbook for the food lover in your family. Scrapbook albums, Joann.com, prices vary.