Your love is as deep as the ocean, but your pockets aren’t. No worries. Here are six Valentine’s Day gifts for under $10 (including two free Valentine’s Day gifts) that will have your sweetheart over the moon.
1. Chet Baker still sings the most heartbreaking version of “My Funny Valentine,” and on this classic album, you’ll find 13 more of his timeless love songs. $9.77.
2. Steal her phone while she’s in the shower and download “your song” as a new ringtone. Then call her and surprise her. Free.
3. There are those who rate “Casablanca” as the best movie romantic movie of all time, and a case could be made for “Gone With the Wind,” “Dr. Zhivago” and “Annie Hall.” But if you’re looking for a more modern movie to remind you what love’s all about, book a date night in and rent “Before Sunrise.” Trial Netflix membership: Free.
4. “I have gone marking the atlas of your body/With crosses of fire.” Pablo Neruda’s Twenty Love Poems and a Song of Despair is as sensual now as it was when he debuted the collection in 1924 at age 19. $9.
5. If she holds the key to your heart, why not give her the key to yours? Buy an antique skeleton key on e-bay or another online source (many cost under $10), thread a velvet ribbon through it and—voila! Instant gift. Here’s a site selling ones designed to be worn as jewelry (scroll down to the bottom of the page). $5 each.
6. A kiss is just a kiss unless it’s one of Perugina’s silky hazelnut-and-chocolate confections. This tiny box is just big enough to hold two candies. $2.