1. An old-fashioned telegram oozes romance the way a mid-century honeymoon aboard The Queen Mary once did. Recreate the magic, complete with typewriter font, “stops” for periods and official-looking paper. $6.
2. Fill in the blanks, Mad Lib-style, and this site will generate a poem from the words you choose. There’s also a form that lets you create your own variation on Pablo Neruda’s “In My Twilight Sky.” Then write the results on a cool card like this one ($6).
4. Give this artist the ten reasons you love your mate (up to 100 words) and she will custom-make a hand-lettered card ($22).
5. Or choose your favorite “initials-in-the-sand” photo here and give the artist the message would like her to use. She will then draw your love note on the beach, take a photo of it and send it to you as if you’d strolled along the shore yourself. $9.
6. There’s something so charming about old school Valentines, with their hand-painted cherubs and quaint messages. You’ll find thousands for sale at this site, from Victorian bouquets to Depression-era cartoons. Prices vary.