Thanks to those funny eyes, these little heads look confounded that they’ve lost the rest of their bodies! Place a cluster of these on the mantel or your living room table for a spooky decoration.
You Will Need
- 1 round form (Styrofoam or cardboard)
- Black duct tape or black electrical tape
- Cheesecloth, cut into 2-inch-wide strips
- Fabric stiffener
- Googly eyes
What to Do
1. Cut a 3” piece of tape and place it on the form as the background for the eyes. (Most of the tape will be covered up.)
2. Pour the fabric stiffener into a bowl. Dip one strip of cheesecloth into the liquid.
3. Using your fingers, wrap the wet cheesecloth around the form, keeping some of the wrinkles and folds because they add character to the mummies.
4. Repeat this process until the mummy’s head is covered except for the eye area. Have cheesecloth between the eyes (this defines the space for the eye sockets and gives the mummies personality). Build up the surface of the brow by adding smaller, folded pieces
5. Add eyes by applying a dot of glue to the back of each googly eye.