Your daughter can be turned into a dazzling princess with a little netting and the trimmings of her dreams (let her help pick them out).
You Will Need
- 1 white dress with waist
- 1 ribbon to go around girl’s waist and trim bodice
- Other trim to go around waist and trim bodice
- 3 yards violet netting
- 1 tiara
- 12 inches thin elastic
What to Do
1. Measure from waist to hem of dress. Fold netting lengthwise to this measurement plus a 1-inch seam allowance. Cut off excess netting and put aside. By hand or on a sewing machine, use a 1-inch running stitch to sew both layers of netting 1⁄2 inch from the cut edge. Hold one end of the thread and gather the netting by pulling the other end until the netting is the size of the dress waist. Sew the netting to the waist seam.
2. Cover the raw edges of the netting by sewing or gluing on the ribbon and other trim.
3. Sew or glue ribbon and trim to the bodice.
4. Secure a tiara to the hair with a piece of elastic tied to either end.
Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of a car with the cramped public exposure of an airplane.
I think my pilot was a little inexperienced. We were sitting on the runway, and he said, “OK, folks, we’re gonna be taking off in a just few—whoa! Here we go.”
“I can’t wait until your vacation is over.” —Everyone following you on Instagram
A man knocked on my door and asked for a donation toward the local swimming pool. So I gave him a glass of water.
Comedian Greg Davies
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.