A favorite animal for Halloween costumes, this slowpoke character is quick and easy to make using throwaway turkey roasting pans from the grocery store.
You Will Need
- 1 green sweatshirt
- 1 pair green sweatpants
- 1 green cap
- Spray paint: yellow, orange, and green
- 2 oval aluminum roasting pans
- 1 shoelace, 72 inches
- 1 square (12 inches) green stick-on felt
What to Do
1. To make the tail, cut an 8-inch triangle out of green stick-on felt. Crease lengthwise, remove backing, and fold tight.
2. To make the top shell, or carapace, punch two holes in top edge of one of the roasting pans. Paint the shell in a turtle pattern with green and yellow. Attach wide end of tail to bottom edge of the top shell, as shown in bottom photograph.
3. To make the bottom shell, or plastron, hold second pan to child’s shoulder. Two inches down on each side cut off 1 inch of the pan’s hard edge all the way around. Fold cut edges in and crimp with pliers. Fold and crimp again to be sure there are no sharp edges. Punch two holes in top edge. Paint yellow with an orange center.
4. Thread shoelace through holes in two shells and adjust over child’s shoulders with bottom shell in front and top shell in back.
handmade halloween costumes, cheap halloween costumes, firefighter, homemade halloween costumes, turtle costume,
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.