Imaginative Romantic Ideas
Looking for some fun ways to add romance to your relationship? Try these creative romance tips:
- Give your lover a dozen roses—with a creative twist. Give eleven red roses and one white rose. Attach a note that reads: “In every bunch there’s one who stands out—and you are that one.”
- Get your partner a wristwatch. Inscribe it with: “I always have time for you.”
- Identify that one pivotal event that brought the two of you together. Celebrate that event every year.
- Practice even-day/odd-day romance: On even days it’s your turn to be romantic, and on odd days it’s your partner’s turn.
- Following a bubble bath you’ve prepared for her, wrap her in a towel that you’ve warmed up in the dryer.
- Write your partner a love letter or poem on one sheet of paper. Glue it to thin cardboard, cut it up into puzzle-shaped pieces, then mail all the pieces. Or, mail one puzzle piece per day!
- Remove all the paper strips (that say “Kisses” on them) from a couple hundred Hershey’s Kisses. Fill a jewelry box with them. Wrap ’em up and present them to your partner. Write a certificate explaining that the slips are coupons redeemable for one kiss each.
- Doesn’t your partner deserve a trophy for being the “World’s Best Lover”? Trophy shops have a wealth of ideas waiting for you. Just think of the romantic possibilities of plaques, medals, ribbons, nameplates, certificates and banners. And they all can be personalized, engraved, lettered or monogrammed.
Outrageous Romantic Ideas
To make a big impression, consider these outrageous romance tips:
- Visit a karaoke bar and surprise your lover by getting up and singing “your song” to him/her.
- Kidnap her! Blindfold her. Drive her around town until she’s thoroughly lost. Then reveal your destination: Her favorite restaurant, or maybe a romantic inn.
- Make a giant greeting card out of a big cardboard box, (such as the type used to pack a refrigerator).
- Does your partner love M&M’s? Fill a one-gallon glass jar with them as a gift.
- Want to jazz up the presentation of a special meal? Buy a little hunk of dry ice from a local ice house. Put it in a bowl of water and place it on your serving tray. You’ll create wondrous, billowing white clouds!
- It’s romantic—but commonplace—to eat dinner by candlelight. So here’s a change of pace: Eat breakfast by candlelight.
- Take your lover on a surprise two-week vacation to Paris.
- Many couples have “His” and “Hers” matching towels, but here are some other ideas: “His” and “Hers” matching silk pajamas, motorcycles, T-shirts, overnight bags (have them packed at all times), jack-o’-lanterns at Halloween, rocking chairs, Porsches (millionaires need love, too), heart-shaped tattoos, Christmas tree ornaments, tennis rackets, beach towels.
Affordable Romantic Ideas
Short on cash but big on love? Try these affordable romance tips:
- Spend the entire day watching romantic movies.
- If you’d like to spend a romantic summer night making wishes on falling stars, mark the second week in August on your calendar. The earth passes through the Perseid meteor belt around August 12 every year, which usually results in spectacular meteor showers for two to three nights.
- Buy a lottery ticket. Give it to your partner with a little note attached: “I hit the jackpot when I married you!”
- Pick flowers for your partner from the side of the road.
- Write a short note to your lover that’s spread out over several postcards, then mail the cards one at a time. You’ll build anticipation for the romantic conclusion on the final postcard. (Maybe deliver that last one in person.)
- Don’t just go out to a movie on Saturday, like always. Call your partner from work on Wednesday and formally ask for a date.
- Call a local radio station and request a special love song to be dedicated to your partner. Make sure he or she is listening!
- Make a custom certificate for your lover. (You can get blank certificate forms at a stationery or paper store.) Here are some suggestions: A certificate “For Putting Up With Me Over the Years,” an award for “The World’s Best Wife,” a ribbon “For Hugs & Kisses Above and Beyond the Call of Duty.”
Content continues below ad
Quick Romantic Ideas
If you don’t have as much time as you’d like for love, try these swift but sweet romance tips:
- Write “I love you” on the bathroom mirror with a piece of soap.
- Place a little love note or poem under the driver’s-side windshield wiper of his or her car.
- Every once in a while, kiss her hand with a flourish. Note: The proper way to kiss a woman’s hand is to lower your lips to her hand. You don’t raise her hand to your lips.
- Have “your song” playing on the stereo when your partner returns home from work.
- When out together in public, wink at your partner from across the room.
- On your partner’s birthday, send a thank-you card to his/her mother.
- Unplug the TV. Put a note on the screen saying, “Turn me on instead.”
- Make a toast to one another every time you hold a wineglass. Make eye contact. Take turns making the toast. Whisper it.
- Get the whole “family of products” in the fragrance of her favorite perfume (bath powder, soaps, cremes, candles, etc.)
- Call your partner from work for no other reason than to say, “I love you.”
Classic Romantic Ideas
Looking for a tried-and-true method for declaring your love? Consider these classic romance tips:
- Spread rose petals all over the bedroom.
- What could be more classic than a fine gold locket with your photo inside? (Maybe a photo of the two of you.)
- Bring home one small, unexpected gift each week.
- Write a classic, romantic, passionate, handwritten, heartfelt love letter. Most adults haven’t written a love letter since high school. (Why not? Have we lost our youthful idealism, or have we just gotten lazy?)
- When traveling, give your partner a bouquet of roses; one rose for each day that you’ll be away. Attach a note that says something like this: “These three roses represent the three days I’ll be away from you. They also symbolize the love, joy, and laughter we share together.”
- Say “I love you” at least three times a day.
- Guys: Surprise her by performing one of her chores for her. (And not something easy like carrying the groceries in from the car, but something that requires some time and effort — like cooking all the meals over a weekend, or cleaning the entire house.)
- Ladies: Send him a letter sealed with a kiss. (Use your reddest lipstick.)
- Hold hands.
- On your yearly romantic checklist, make plans for Valentine’s Day—well in advance!
Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of a car with the cramped public exposure of an airplane.
I think my pilot was a little inexperienced. We were sitting on the runway, and he said, “OK, folks, we’re gonna be taking off in a just few—whoa! Here we go.”
“I can’t wait until your vacation is over.” —Everyone following you on Instagram
A man knocked on my door and asked for a donation toward the local swimming pool. So I gave him a glass of water.
Comedian Greg Davies
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.