AFFORDABLE ROMANTIC IDEAS
Short on cash but big on love? Try these affordable romance tips:
- Spend the entire day watching romantic movies.
- If you’d like to spend a romantic summer night making wishes on falling stars, mark the second week in August on your calendar. The earth passes through the Perseid meteor belt around August 12 every year, which usually results in spectacular meteor showers for two to three nights.
- Buy a lottery ticket. Give it to your partner with a little note attached: “I hit the jackpot when I married you!”
- Pick flowers for your partner from the side of the road.
- Write a short note to your lover that’s spread out over several postcards, then mail the cards one at a time. You’ll build anticipation for the romantic conclusion on the final postcard. (Maybe deliver that last one in person.)
- Don’t just go out to a movie on Saturday, like always. Call your partner from work on Wednesday and formally ask for a date.
- Call a local radio station and request a special love song to be dedicated to your partner. Make sure he or she is listening!
- Make a custom certificate for your lover. (You can get blank certificate forms at a stationery or paper store.) Here are some suggestions: A certificate “For Putting Up With Me Over the Years,” an award for “The World’s Best Wife,” a ribbon “For Hugs & Kisses Above and Beyond the Call of Duty.”
QUICK ROMANTIC IDEAS
If you don’t have as much time as you’d like for love, try these swift but sweet romance tips:
- Write “I love you” on the bathroom mirror with a piece of soap.
- Place a little love note or poem under the driver’s-side windshield wiper of his or her car.
- Every once in a while, kiss her hand with a flourish. Note: The proper way to kiss a woman’s hand is to lower your lips to her hand. You don’t raise her hand to your lips.
- Have “your song” playing on the stereo when your partner returns home from work.
- When out together in public, wink at your partner from across the room.
- On your partner’s birthday, send a thank-you card to his/her mother.
- Unplug the TV. Put a note on the screen saying, “Turn me on instead.”
- Make a toast to one another every time you hold a wineglass. Make eye contact. Take turns making the toast. Whisper it.
- Get the whole “family of products” in the fragrance of her favorite perfume (bath powder, soaps, cremes, candles, etc.)
- Call your partner from work for no other reason than to say, “I love you.”
NEXT: Classic romantic ideas
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.