CLASSIC ROMANTIC IDEAS
Looking for a tried-and-true method for declaring your love? Consider these classic romance tips:
- Spread rose petals all over the bedroom.
- What could be more classic than a fine gold locket with your photo inside? (Maybe a photo of the two of you.)
- Bring home one small, unexpected gift each week.
- Write a classic, romantic, passionate, handwritten, heartfelt love letter. Most adults haven’t written a love letter since high school. (Why not? Have we lost our youthful idealism, or have we just gotten lazy?)
- When traveling, give your partner a bouquet of roses; one rose for each day that you’ll be away. Attach a note that says something like this: “These three roses represent the three days I’ll be away from you. They also symbolize the love, joy, and laughter we share together.”
- Say “I love you” at least three times a day.
- Guys: Surprise her by performing one of her chores for her. (And not something easy like carrying the groceries in from the car, but something that requires some time and effort — like cooking all the meals over a weekend, or cleaning the entire house.)
- Ladies: Send him a letter sealed with a kiss. (Use your reddest lipstick.)
- Hold hands.
- On your yearly romantic checklist, make plans for Valentine’s Day—well in advance!