1. The best candy is often at the bottom of the bowl.
2. After saying, “Trick or treat!” ask, “How many can I have?”
3. Third graders do not need flashlights.
4. After being handed a piece of candy, always look back in the bowl to see what you did not get.
5. Men don’t care what they’re handing out. Women give raisins.
6. The later you stay out, the better chance people will give you a handful of candy rather than just one piece; they don’t think they will have many more visitors.
7. Raid the candy bowl at your own house before you go trick-or-treating and again when you get home.