23. Spend an hour with your partner touching every part of his/her body — but you can’t use your hands. Use other parts of your body (including your imagination) instead. Conversely, caress one another only with your hands touching every part of the body except the genital zones. This can remove any pressure you might feel to “get right to it” after a hectic day on the job and is a wonderful way, at least for the woman, to relax and escape from the daily grind and transition from her other (oh-so-non-sexual) roles.
24. Open up a dozen oysters. After all, Casanova is said to have had 50 oysters every morning off the breast of a young woman in the bathtub — so they have to be good for something. Actually, as you read a few tips ago, oysters are loaded with zinc, critical for production of testosterone, the sex hormone in both men and women.
25. Stop at one (or two) drinks at the most. A small amount of alcohol can set the mood; more can drown the flame of desire, or lessen your ability to see your desire through.
26. Go purchase at least one item of sexy lingerie. Okay, this is for the ladies…but the feel of soft silk against your skin will help wake up those sensuality nerve endings. And who knows what will happen when that happens?
27. Re-create your favorite sexy scene in a movie. You know the ones — the lobster scene in Flashdance. The ice scene in 9 1/2 Weeks. Mena Suvari’s cheerleading routine in American Beauty, Clark Gable carrying Vivien Leigh up the stairs in Gone With the Wind, the pottery scene in Ghost, the part in The Bridges of Madison County when Meryl Streep and Clint Eastwood dance in her kitchen. Whew!
28. Create a romance playlist for him (or her). Have it playing when your partner returns home. Light a few scented candles while you’re at it. Who knows what might ensue?
29. Tell your partner two things you love about him/her every day. Love, affection, and mutual respect are the bases for a steamy sex life.
30. Do something physical together, like skiing, a long country walk, a stroll along a beach, canoeing. Such activities let you see one another in a different light, creating a sense of physical vitality that readily translates into intimacy.