Many of the quaint rituals of dating in the 1950’s show common courtesy that is lacking today. Would you like to see any of these rules brought back?
Dating Etiquette for Girls
- Only floozies ask guys out.
- When someone asks you out, it’s polite to give an immediate answer.
- Never break a date without providing a valid reason.
- There’s no such thing as fashionably late; be ready when your date arrives.
- It’s only proper to introduce your date to your parents.
- Don’t apply makeup in public (please see first point).
- At a restaurant, it’s ladylike to tell a date what you want for dinner, so he can order for you.
- Don’t humiliate guys by trying to pay for a date.
Dating Etiquette for Guys
- Dates aren’t like cramming for exams; don’t wait until the last minute to ask a girl out.
- It’s poor form to honk the car horn to announce your arrival; call for her at the door.
- Ask her parents when they want her home — and make sure your watch works.
- It’s only polite to help her don her coat.
- Real gentlemen open car doors for girls — or any door, for that matter.
- It’s chivalrous to walk between her and the curb.
- Bring enough money along.
- No kissing on the first date.
- On prom night, don’t leave the corsage in the fridge.
Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of a car with the cramped public exposure of an airplane.
I think my pilot was a little inexperienced. We were sitting on the runway, and he said, “OK, folks, we’re gonna be taking off in a just few—whoa! Here we go.”
“I can’t wait until your vacation is over.” —Everyone following you on Instagram
A man knocked on my door and asked for a donation toward the local swimming pool. So I gave him a glass of water.
Comedian Greg Davies
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.