You may think it’s filled with junk, but the dollar store could provide you with some great, cheap finds. Kiplinger.com shares six items you should consider purchasing for a single dollar.
1. Party supplies. Hosting a party? Plates, cups, napkins, utensils, and even party hats can all be found for just a dollar.
2. Cleaning supplies. You’re going to need to clean up after your party. Buy sponges, cleaning sprays, and dish detergent on the cheap.
3. Greeting cards. Buying a card from a specialty store can run you upwards of five dollars. Save money on the next birthday card you buy and put it towards the gift.
4. Seasonal items. Like to decorate your home for Halloween or Christmas? The dollar store always has a big selection of festive bargains.
5. Pregnancy test. Bet you weren’t expecting that one! Don’t worry, the 99 cent tests are 99 percent effective, just like the ones at the pharmacy.
6. Cooking accessories. Cheese graters, salt shakers, ice cream scoops, wine glasses, and more—any cooking supply at the dollar store is usually a good buy, except for knives, which may not be of high quality.
Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of a car with the cramped public exposure of an airplane.
I think my pilot was a little inexperienced. We were sitting on the runway, and he said, “OK, folks, we’re gonna be taking off in a just few—whoa! Here we go.”
“I can’t wait until your vacation is over.” —Everyone following you on Instagram
A man knocked on my door and asked for a donation toward the local swimming pool. So I gave him a glass of water.
Comedian Greg Davies
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.