Just because you spent a fortune on your flight and hotel, doesn’t mean you have to break the bank on food while you’re on vacation. Here are some tricks to saving money on food while you’re on the road:
1. Any day of the year, early evening will usually produce “early bird specials” in restaurants. Eat early on the cheap so you’ll have some extra money for ice cream later.
2. Lunchtime menus often offer the same dishes as in the evening for a sizeable discount. Have your main meal at lunch or get the cheaper lunchtime specials to go and save them for dinner.
3. Restaurants that have just opened often offer lower prices to attract customers. Do your research online before you leave and keep an eye out for promising new restaurants as you walk around during the day.
4. Choose from our list of 12 hotels that offer free breakfasts. And Kimpton hotels offer free happy hour!
6. Have a picnic. Farmer’s markets are popping up all over and offer fresh, local eats on the cheap. Grab some fresh veggies and fruit, local cheese, and homemade bread and have lunch al fresco.
7. Finally, you can always bring your own food for quick breakfasts and snacks on the go. Here are some ideas that don’t require a refrigerator. If you have a mini fridge in your hotel room, the possibilities are endless:
- Instant oatmeal
- Bread/Bagels and peanut butter
- Breakfast bars
- Fruit, fruit leather, and fruit snacks
- Rice cakes and peanut butter
- Granola bars
- Trail mix
Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of a car with the cramped public exposure of an airplane.
I think my pilot was a little inexperienced. We were sitting on the runway, and he said, “OK, folks, we’re gonna be taking off in a just few—whoa! Here we go.”
“I can’t wait until your vacation is over.” —Everyone following you on Instagram
A man knocked on my door and asked for a donation toward the local swimming pool. So I gave him a glass of water.
Comedian Greg Davies
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.