Amanda Schupak of Popular Science chooses a traveler’s best tech helpers:
1. Viator.com: A list of packages in 450 destinations—just type in an activity you’re interested in.
2. Budgetyourtrip.com: Reports from travelers on what they spent in more than 80 countries so you can anticipate your own expenses.
3. Electricaloutlet.org: Electrical specs from American Samoa to Zambia, with pictures of plugs and sockets to help you fit in, literally.
4. Translate.google.com: Your personal Web linguist.
5. Foodbycountry.com: The culinary habits in 70 different countries.
6. Globalgourmet.com/destinations: The dishes you’re likely to see on the menu—a sort of taste-bud tutorial.