Lists help us remember what we need to do and make it easier to organize our thoughts. Lists also help relieve stress, provide focus, prevent procrastination and lead to a sense of accomplishment.
If you love lists and want to write them more effectively, take note of these tips.
- Decide where, when and with what you are going to write your list
- Write in a dedicated notebook or the technological equivalent
- Break down projects into smaller steps
- Note all the tasks you need to complete
- Prioritize the steps in order of importance, with urgent actions first
- Cross or tick off jobs as you go
- Highlight the tasks not yet completed