It’s been a week since the fifth season finale of “Mad Men” and my mind is still reeling. How could he…? Why did they…? And then that happened…?! (Don’t worry: No spoiler alerts here.) I did, however, stumble upon Buzz Feed’s list of 25 things you didn’t know about the popular show and found myself almost coughing on my coffee at a few of them. So here it goes: Five interesting Mad Men factoids…
1. “Mad Men” was originally pitched to HBO and they rejected it. #bigmistake
2. Seven out of nine writers on the show are female; proof that working women have come a long way since the 1960’s.
3. The $19K that Peggy left the company for turns out to be equivalent to $131K today. It’s all making sense now.
4. Originally, Christina Hendricks auditioned for the role of Midge and Jon Hamm tried out for the part of Jack Donaghy (on “30 Rock,” ultimately played by Alec Baldwin). Can you image Joan Holloway or Don Draper played by anyone else?
5. Mona, Roger Sterling’s ex-wife, is John Slattery’s wife in real life. I bet they have so much fun during outtakes.
Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of a car with the cramped public exposure of an airplane.
I think my pilot was a little inexperienced. We were sitting on the runway, and he said, “OK, folks, we’re gonna be taking off in a just few—whoa! Here we go.”
“I can’t wait until your vacation is over.” —Everyone following you on Instagram
A man knocked on my door and asked for a donation toward the local swimming pool. So I gave him a glass of water.
Comedian Greg Davies
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.
More About Culture
What You’re Sharing
- These Adorable Bubblegum Machine Valentines Are Almost Too Cute to Give Away
- Why Are Roses So Popular for Valentine’s Day?
- If You Know 20 of These Tech Words, You Are Officially a Computer Genius
- How to Deal When Your Neighbors Won’t Take Down Their Christmas Lights
- 9 Tricks to Outsmart Criminals You Should Memorize Now