Last night I found out that Lonesome George died—the 100-year-old Galapagos turtle, who was the last of his subspecies—and was sad at his passing. Tonight, I’m going to celebrate his life by watching this great PBS Nature video, which features George and other amazing tortoise stories, and raising a glass in his memory.
If you don’t have access to the terrific Nature series as I do, you can watch the YouTube coverage below, although sensitive souls should probably stick to footage of him alive and at his finest, munching on lettuce and enjoying his island paradise.
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.
More About Culture
What You’re Sharing
- 19 Facts About The Sound of Music That Just Might Blow Your Mind
- 10 Wise Quotes You Can Use to Stop an Argument In Its Tracks
- 8 Fascinating Facts about Twins
- 10 Teary-Eyed Poems on Love, Loss, and the Meaning of Life
- 8 Stunning National Geographic Photos to Remind You How Wondrous Our World Is
- 25 of the Most Memorable Movie Quotes of All Time