Last night I found out that Lonesome George died—the 100-year-old Galapagos turtle, who was the last of his subspecies—and was sad at his passing. Tonight, I’m going to celebrate his life by watching this great PBS Nature video, which features George and other amazing tortoise stories, and raising a glass in his memory.
If you don’t have access to the terrific Nature series as I do, you can watch the YouTube coverage below, although sensitive souls should probably stick to footage of him alive and at his finest, munching on lettuce and enjoying his island paradise.
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.
More About Culture
What You’re Sharing
- Edith Macefield Was Offered $1 Million to Leave Her Tiny House. This Is Why She Refused.
- Why Do Adult Siblings Stop Speaking? The Psychology Behind the Not-So-Rare Phenomenon
- 36 Favorite Facts You’ve Always Believed That Are Actually False
- 14 Books You Really Should Have Read By Now
- 13 Things You Didn’t Know About the Titanic