What does it take for actors to land iconic roles? A noteworthy audition. Here, some of the best cold readings we’ve seen:
• Romantic Comedy: The camera can’t get enough of Audrey Hepburn when she tries out for the role of princess Ann in Roman Holiday.
• Sci-Fi Flick: Harrison Ford seals the deal after reading for the part of Han Solo in Star Wars.
• Comedy: Jimmy Fallon impersonates Jerry Seinfeld, John Travolta and Adam Sandler in his Saturday Night Live audition. He even introduces some original characters and gets the casting directors chuckling.
• Drama: Child actor Henry Thomas nails his audition to play Elliot in E.T. Listen to Spielberg’s praise after he finishes the scene!
Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of a car with the cramped public exposure of an airplane.
I think my pilot was a little inexperienced. We were sitting on the runway, and he said, “OK, folks, we’re gonna be taking off in a just few—whoa! Here we go.”
“I can’t wait until your vacation is over.” —Everyone following you on Instagram
A man knocked on my door and asked for a donation toward the local swimming pool. So I gave him a glass of water.
Comedian Greg Davies
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.
More About Culture
What You’re Sharing
- These Adorable Bubblegum Machine Valentines Are Almost Too Cute to Give Away
- Why Are Roses So Popular for Valentine’s Day?
- If You Know 20 of These Tech Words, You Are Officially a Computer Genius
- How to Deal When Your Neighbors Won’t Take Down Their Christmas Lights
- 9 Tricks to Outsmart Criminals You Should Memorize Now