Best-selling author Jeffery Deaver (The Bone Collector and others) has come out with the latest thriller in his Kathryn Dance series, starring the talented California Bureau of Investigation agent who is expert at kinesics—the ability to interpret body language. In this installment, Dance flaunts her skills to help track down a stalker obsessed with a young Taylor-Swiftesque singer. But the suspect is likely deranged, making his physical tics more difficult to read as true.
Deaver throws in plenty of his trademark twists and turns, building to a dramatic conclusion. I’ve got to confess, though, in the back of my mind I kept thinking how great it would be to have lie-reading skills while raising my five teenagers.
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.
More About Culture
What You’re Sharing
- Edith Macefield Was Offered $1 Million to Leave Her Tiny House. This Is Why She Refused.
- Why Do Adult Siblings Stop Speaking? The Psychology Behind the Not-So-Rare Phenomenon
- 36 Favorite Facts You’ve Always Believed That Are Actually False
- 14 Books You Really Should Have Read By Now
- 13 Things You Didn’t Know About the Titanic