It’s been a long road to Election Day (remember all of those GOP primary debates that began in the summer of 2011?), but the time has finally arrived for us to cast our ballots and hold our breath.
That Election Day is tomorrow hasn’t slowed the flow of stories and infographics. We’ve sorted through the polling predictions and last-ditch campaign announcements to find the coolest coverage you don’t want miss:
– 512 Paths to the White House: This nifty interactive feature from the New York Times allows curious voters to delve into the details of the candidates’ path to the White House, depending on how the voting unfolds.
– Electoral Map Challenge: Slate devised a challenging quiz that invites political junkies to guess the year for 12 electoral maps from presidential elections since 1860. True to the process, each correct answer is worth 45 electoral votes, and you must score 270 to be victorious.
– 2012 Election Season in two Minutes: For the most fun farewell to the election season, CNN has graciously recapped all the highlights—momentous announcements and the best gaffes—starting with the earliest stages of the GOP primaries. Though Romney’s “binders of women” remark is still fresh in our minds, it’s been a while since we’ve been reminded of Rick Perry’s “Oops” moment.
There will be an abundance of ways to keep up-to-date with real-time results tomorrow night, either via social media or on the web with sites like Politico, which will be hosting a live election map. Happy voting!
Photo credit: Public domain/Wikimedia Commons
Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of a car with the cramped public exposure of an airplane.
I think my pilot was a little inexperienced. We were sitting on the runway, and he said, “OK, folks, we’re gonna be taking off in a just few—whoa! Here we go.”
“I can’t wait until your vacation is over.” —Everyone following you on Instagram
A man knocked on my door and asked for a donation toward the local swimming pool. So I gave him a glass of water.
Comedian Greg Davies
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.
More About Culture
What You’re Sharing
- These Adorable Bubblegum Machine Valentines Are Almost Too Cute to Give Away
- Why Are Roses So Popular for Valentine’s Day?
- If You Know 20 of These Tech Words, You Are Officially a Computer Genius
- How to Deal When Your Neighbors Won’t Take Down Their Christmas Lights
- 9 Tricks to Outsmart Criminals You Should Memorize Now