What can nine out of ten Americans agree on? Survey says: a lot, actually. While big polls such as Pew, Gallup, and the General Social Survey are designed to explore our differences, the Associated Press curated study results to discover what united the United States. About 90 percent of Americans:
• believe in God.
• are very patriotic.
• consider preventing terrorism a very important foreign policy goal.
• believe cloning humans would be morally wrong.
• think society should ensure everyone has an equal opportunity to succeed.
• think it’s important to get more than a high school education.
• believe it’s their duty to always vote.
• find birth control morally acceptable.
• admire those who get rich by working hard.
• believe it’s wrong for married people to have affairs.
• favor teaching sex education in public schools.
What do you think? Do these results surprise you, or do you agree with them? Sound off in the comments below.
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.
More About Culture
What You’re Sharing
- 13 Bizarre Facts About Dreams to Know Before You Go to Sleep Tonight
- From Knock Knock to Yo’ Mama: 7 Classic Jokes and Their Fascinating Origins
- People Say These 10 Words Aren’t Words, But They Actually Are
- 6 Spooky Facts You Never Knew About the Moon
- Can a Missing Comma Really Get You Out of Paying a Parking Ticket?