Disney movies are hard to outgrow. Whether you watched them over and over again with your kids (admit it, you can hum along to “Hakuna Matata”), or, like me, grew up with them and still cry during Bambi, it seems like the timeless classics will never fade into obscurity.
That’s why I was beyond excited when I stumbled across a round-up of Disney songs that never made it into movies over at thefw.com. Take a listen to these 10 would-be hits, or skip to my new favorites.
• “Keep ‘Em Guessing” from Mulan. Maybe it’s because Mushu the Chinese dragon provides the vocals, but I love this fun jazzy number that was originally supposed to introduce Mulan.
• We never heard Mufasa sing in The Lion King, which is what makes “To Be King” so special.
• The Emperor’s New Groove might not be the first animated Disney film that comes to mind, but “Snuff Out The Light,” sung by Eartha Kitt, is definitely worth a listen.
Looking for even more unreleased Disney? There’s an album series called “The Lost Chords” that has extra music from The Aristocats, The Rescuers and Cinderella.
Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of a car with the cramped public exposure of an airplane.
I think my pilot was a little inexperienced. We were sitting on the runway, and he said, “OK, folks, we’re gonna be taking off in a just few—whoa! Here we go.”
“I can’t wait until your vacation is over.” —Everyone following you on Instagram
A man knocked on my door and asked for a donation toward the local swimming pool. So I gave him a glass of water.
Comedian Greg Davies
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.
More About Culture
What You’re Sharing
- How to Deal When Your Neighbors Have a Loud Dog
- These Adorable Bubblegum Machine Valentines Are Almost Too Cute to Give Away
- Why Are Roses So Popular for Valentine’s Day?
- If You Know 20 of These Tech Words, You Are Officially a Computer Genius
- How to Deal When Your Neighbors Won’t Take Down Their Christmas Lights