Disney movies are hard to outgrow. Whether you watched them over and over again with your kids (admit it, you can hum along to “Hakuna Matata”), or, like me, grew up with them and still cry during Bambi, it seems like the timeless classics will never fade into obscurity.
That’s why I was beyond excited when I stumbled across a round-up of Disney songs that never made it into movies over at thefw.com. Take a listen to these 10 would-be hits, or skip to my new favorites.
• “Keep ‘Em Guessing” from Mulan. Maybe it’s because Mushu the Chinese dragon provides the vocals, but I love this fun jazzy number that was originally supposed to introduce Mulan.
• We never heard Mufasa sing in The Lion King, which is what makes “To Be King” so special.
• The Emperor’s New Groove might not be the first animated Disney film that comes to mind, but “Snuff Out The Light,” sung by Eartha Kitt, is definitely worth a listen.
Looking for even more unreleased Disney? There’s an album series called “The Lost Chords” that has extra music from The Aristocats, The Rescuers and Cinderella.
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.
More About Culture
What You’re Sharing
- Edith Macefield Was Offered $1 Million to Leave Her Tiny House. This Is Why She Refused.
- Why Do Adult Siblings Stop Speaking? The Psychology Behind the Not-So-Rare Phenomenon
- 36 Favorite Facts You’ve Always Believed That Are Actually False
- 14 Books You Really Should Have Read By Now
- 13 Things You Didn’t Know About the Titanic