My two sons, in their 20s now, loved toy trains when they were young. So this Smithsonian video of a father and son sending a toy train named Stanley 18 miles into the sky with a weather balloon not only amazed me, it brought back sweet memories.
I love everything about it — the music, the quick shot of the little boy clutching his toy (my guys held their trains the same way), the excitement of the flight and the dramatic ending, which you’ll have to see for yourself. Stanley appears to be a member of the Thomas the Tank Engine gang, but his paint is worn off, so I’m not sure exactly who he is. I’ll have to ask the boys. They’ll know.
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.
More About Culture
What You’re Sharing
- The Next Mass Shooters: Who They Are, and How We Will Stop Them
- 8 Jimmy Carter Quotes That Will Make You Proud to be American
- 10 Quotes That Will Change the Way You Think About John Lennon
- Rare, Behind-the-Scenes Photos of the Beatles from ‘Help!’
- Stunningly Beautiful Photos You Won’t Believe Are Actually Seeds