2012 has brought us many iconic anniversaries—Reader’s Digest celebrates 90 years, the Oreo is now 100 years old. But perhaps the most inspiring, touching, and jaw-dropping of them all is this: Michael Jackson’s Thriller album celebrates its 30th anniversary today!
Ahh, the memories. Adrienne fondly remembers the first time she saw Michael Jackson on the Thriller album cover during her elementary school days (she nearly passed out). And it’s no secret that Lauren is a mega-fan who spent the better part of her childhood perfecting the moonwalk and other signature moves from the music video.
So to mark this milestone, here are a few Thriller factoids:
• Michael Jackson and Quincy Jones went through 700 demos to select the songs for Thriller. (ABC News)
• When released on November 30, 1982, the Thriller album debuted at number 11 on the charts. (billboard.com)
• Actress Jennifer Beals of Flashdance fame turned down the offer to co-star in the Thriller video, which allowed Playboy Playmate Ola Ray to get the job! (Vanity Fair)
And for your viewing pleasure:
Image credit: Amazon.com
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.
More About Culture
What You’re Sharing
- 13 Bizarre Facts About Dreams to Know Before You Go to Sleep Tonight
- From Knock Knock to Yo’ Mama: 7 Classic Jokes and Their Fascinating Origins
- People Say These 10 Words Aren’t Words, But They Actually Are
- 6 Spooky Facts You Never Knew About the Moon
- Can a Missing Comma Really Get You Out of Paying a Parking Ticket?