As Entertainment Weekly first reported last week, Superman and Wonder Woman are set to bring new meaning to the phrase “power couple” this Wednesday as they lock lips in the pages of Justice League #12. The story’s since exploded, with coverage from USA Today, MSNBC, and The Huffington Post, and pre-orders of the $4 comic book are already fetching over $20 on eBay.
Curious readers—and other seekers of superhero romance—can get more for their money, though. Below, a brief roundup of under-$20 DC Comics stories featuring Wonder Woman’s previous relationships:
• Kingdom Come: Released to much acclaim back in 1996, this gorgeously painted book by Mark Waid and Alex Ross involves an alternate universe romance between Superman and Wonder Woman—and its resulting pregnancy.
• Wonder Woman: The Hiketeia Wonder Woman and Batman have enjoyed brief couplings in the past, but the romance flies out the window—along with The Dark Knight himself—in this hard-hitting graphic novel.
• Wonder Woman: Gods and Mortals: An ’80s introduction to Steve Trevor, longtime love interest for Wonder Woman and, surely, man of incredible jealousy come Wednesday. Let the drama begin!
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.
More About Culture
What You’re Sharing
- Edith Macefield Was Offered $1 Million to Leave Her Tiny House. This Is Why She Refused.
- Why Do Adult Siblings Stop Speaking? The Psychology Behind the Not-So-Rare Phenomenon
- 36 Favorite Facts You’ve Always Believed That Are Actually False
- 14 Books You Really Should Have Read By Now
- 13 Things You Didn’t Know About the Titanic