#DIY4JULY TWITTER® PARTY GIVEAWAY CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE CONTEST. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
#DIY4July Twitter® Party Giveaway Contest (#122) is sponsored by The Reader’s Digest Association, Inc. (“Reader’s Digest” or “Sponsor”) 750 Third Avenue, New York NY 10017. Contest begins at 9:00 p.m. EST on June 26, 2014 and ends at 10:00 p.m. EST on June 26, 2014.
1. Eligibility: This Contest is open to legal U.S. residents 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of Reader’s Digest, or its affiliated or subsidiary companies are not eligible to participate. Contest is governed by laws of the USA. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
2. The Contest: Starting at 9:00 p.m EST June 26, 2014 and concluding at 10:00 p.m. June 26, 2014 Reader’s Digest will Tweet a total of three questions relating to summer decorating and food. You can enter the contest by tweeting your answer(s) to the question(s), and for each question, editors from Reader’s Digest Magazine will select the best answer based on the following criteria: Uniqueness 50%, writing style 25%, and inclusion of the terms @readersdigest, @pgeveryday and the hashtag #DIY4July 25%. Entrants must provide a valid email address via direct message to @readersdigest to claim their prize. Participants can follow the directions for the Contest at rd.com/diy4july.
4. Selection Of Winner: Winners will be selected as per the judging criteria above. In all there will be 3 Winners. Your entry must include a valid email address. Decisions of the sponsors with respect to winners are final in all respects. Winners will be notified by email within 30 days of the Contest and will be announced on Twitter on June 26 by @readersdigest. You must respond to our email within two weeks of our notification. Failure to respond to our notification or return of Prize Notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected.
5. Prizes: The 3 winners will each receive a variety of Procter & Gamble products valued at $60 and a year subscription to Reader’s Digest ($47.88 value). The Total Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of the Prizes is $323.64. Prizes are not transferable and cannot be assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash. All taxes, if any, are the Prize winner’s responsibility. Reader’s Digest will not be responsible for any loss, liability or damage arising out of the winner’s acceptance or use of the Prize. All Prizes are guaranteed to be awarded.
6. Conditions: Sponsor is not liable for any technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer internet system, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading/uploading any materials in this Contest, or other technical difficulties or failures or other errors of any kind. Sponsor is not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or third person’s computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or modify the Contest at any time for any reason. In such a circumstance all winners will be selected based on entries received to date of termination. Sponsor also reserves the right to modify this Contest in the event an insufficient number of entries are received and/or an insufficient number of entries meet the minimum judging criteria. Entrants agree to indemnify Reader’s Digest, their affiliated and subsidiary companies from and against any and all claims and liabilities arising out of or in connection with this Contest. Any dispute regarding submission of entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organizations (e.g. business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor is the official timekeeper for this Contest. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the operation of the website or the entry process.
7. The number of entrants anticipated for this contest is 500.
8. No Twitter® Endorsement. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter, Inc. You understand that by using and interacting with www.Twitter.com, you are subject to the terms, conditions, and policies that govern the use of www.Twitter.com. You should therefore review the applicable terms and policies for www.Twitter.com, including privacy and data gathering practices, before using or interacting with Twitter®. By entering this Contest you release Twitter® from any and all liability regarding this Contest.
9. Winner List/Consumer Information: If you wish to receive a list of Prize winners, have any questions about the Contest, or you do not want to receive future Contest or skill Contest mailings from Reader’s Digest, specify your request and write to: #DIY4July Twitter® Party Giveaway (#TK), PO Box 50005, Prescott, Arizona 86301-5005.
10. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in this Contest constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. These Official Rules form a binding legal agreement between you and the Sponsor with respect to the Contest. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.