Pass these delicious holiday starters while decorating your Christmas tree.
1. Asparagus with Peanut Hollandaise Sauce Recipe An elegant asparagus dish, topped with a easy and decadent sauce.
2. Blue Cheese and Pear Toasts Recipe This appetizer features a range of textures and tastes that are sure to delight your holiday guests.
3. Crunchy Cheese Crisps Recipe These are perfect for when you’re in the mood for something rich and crispy. Munch on them while opening presents.
4. Mini Mac-and-Cheese Bites Recipe These cheesy nibbles will bring out the kid in everyone this Christmas.
5. Mushroom Bacon Bites Recipe This party favorite features grilled mushrooms wrapped in bacon.
6. Pecan Chicken Nuggets Recipe Serve as is on a decorated tray or serve atop cucumber and radish slices, in lettuce or radicchio cups, or on thin slices of a whole wheat or white baguette.
7. Shrimp Spread Recipe This tasty spread, prepared with softened cream cheese, is a beautiful pale salmon color.
8. Smashed Beans and Mozzarella Served on Toasted Baguettes Recipe Smashed lima beans are mixed with Parmesan, lemon juice and basil and topped with fresh mozzarella. Try something unique this Christmas!
9. Spiced Pecans Recipe Pecans are coated in sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ground cloves to create this warm holiday treat.
10. Vegetable Wreath With Dip Recipe Vegetables and dip are a staple at most holiday parties. For this appetizer, vegetables are cut into festive shapes and arranged into a wreath.
11. Crab-Stuffed Deviled Eggs Recipe Whether served as an appetizer or alongside an entree, these deviled eggs offer a welcome, less-fat twist.
12. Creamy Garlic Dip Recipe This dip can look quite festive when served with only green and white vegetables.
13. Shrimp Andalouse Recipe Simple cooked shrimp pairs well with this garlicky, sun-dried tomato dip.
14. Spanakopita Tarts Recipe Spinach and feta on top of flaky phyllo make irresistible appetizers at your holiday cocktail party.
15. Spiced Walnuts Recipe Quick and easy, these spice-roasted nuts have an irresistible flavor.
16. Spinach-Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms Recipe Feta cheese and spinach lend Greek flair to these mushroom caps.
17. Spreadable Blue Cheese Logs Recipe Whip up these easy-to-make appetizers for your holiday guests.
18. Preparing a Cheese Plate A cheese course adds a touch of elegance to any meal. And since most varieties should be served at room temperature, you can prepare the plates long before guests arrive.