It’s the chilliest month of the year, but ice-cold smoothies are the popular kids on the block these days. Not just any smoothies, either—green ones!
If you’re like me, January is probably synonymous with “eat more greens.” I’ve found that downing a big green smoothie, packed with spinach or kale, is my best bet if I want to actually hit that goal. And this week, I feel like green smoothie recipes have been stalking me across the internet—first up on my Pinterest feed and all over Instagram. So, if the mood strikes and you’re ready to jump in, here’s your inspiration. And I promise that you can’t really taste the spinach.
Ready to go green? Here are nine ideas to try:
• My go-to recipe is a mix of: frozen mixed greens, a frozen or fresh banana, and almond milk, milk, or water. That’s it. Sometimes I add blueberries, or protein powder, or honey, but the basic recipe is that simple. Using frozen fruit or veggies means I don’t even have to add ice!
• Parsley, kale, and berry smoothie at Bon Appetit
• Pina Colada smoothie at The Kitchn
• Spinach, kiwi, and chia seed smoothie at Joy the Baker
• Limeade green smoothie at Bake Your Day
• The Green Monster at Oh She Glows
• Kale and apple smoothie at Real Simple
• Pineapple-Mango Smoothie at A Spicy Perspective
• Cold Buster Smoothie at Running to the Kitchen
Photo credit: © iStockphoto/Thinkstock
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.