This tasty side can easily be doubled to serve a large party who are sure to want seconds. — Betty Korte, Collinsville, Illinois
You Will Need 4 bacon strips, diced 1/2 cup chopped celery 1/2 cup chopped onion 3/4 cup canned diced tomatoes with juice 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley 1/4 teaspoon each dried oregano, savory and rubbed sage 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/8 teaspoon pepper 4 cups sliced zucchini 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
What to Do 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
2. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
3. In the drippings, sauté celery and onion until tender. Add the tomatoes, parsley, oregano, savory, sage, salt, pepper and zucchini.
4. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
5. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-10 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
6. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bacon.