As the holiday season approaches occasional cooks are dusting off their mixers (if they can find them) and gearing up for the only time of the year they cook. Here are some safety tips to remember to avoid sending your entire extended family to the hospital.
1. Wash your hands before and after you handle food.
2. Clean utensils and working surfaces with hot soapy water before, after and also during food preparation.
3. Never use the same cutting board or the same utensils for raw meat, chicken or fish, and vegetables. As a general rule, keep meat, chicken and fish away from other foodstuffs.
4. Never place cooked meat or fish on the same surface where you placed it raw, without cleaning the surface thoroughly beforehand.
5. Thaw your food in the fridge, never at room temperature. If you defrost it in the microwave, cook it immediately afterwards.
6. Never refreeze a product you have previously defrosted.
7. Throw away tins of food that are dented or swollen.
8. Throw away cracked eggs.
9. Never eat chicken if the flesh is still red after it has been cooked.
10. Close container lids and insert corks firmly before you store products in the fridge.
11. Throw away any that show signs of mold.
12. Never eat raw pastry, even to taste it.
13. Put leftovers in the fridge or freezer within 2 hours of the end of a meal and if they’re uneaten after two days, throw them out.
Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of a car with the cramped public exposure of an airplane.
I think my pilot was a little inexperienced. We were sitting on the runway, and he said, “OK, folks, we’re gonna be taking off in a just few—whoa! Here we go.”
“I can’t wait until your vacation is over.” —Everyone following you on Instagram
A man knocked on my door and asked for a donation toward the local swimming pool. So I gave him a glass of water.
Comedian Greg Davies
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.