- 1/2 lb. (230 g) smoked back bacon
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 small, round, soft goats cheeses, about 1/4 lb. (110 g) each
- 3 oz. (85 g) arugula or watercress
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp. wholegrain mustard
- 2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
How to make it
Preheat the oven to 475°F (240°C/Gas Mark 9).Derind and dice the bacon.Heat the oil and fry the bacon until crisp then drain it on paper towels.
To make the dressing, peel the garlic, crush it into a small bowl, then whisk in the mustard, vinegar, and extra virgin olive oil. Season to taste.
Line a baking sheet with baking parchment. Cut the goats’ cheeses in half horizontally and lay the pieces on the paper. Bake for 5 minutes or until they begin to melt and turn a toasty brown on top.
Meanwhile, trim, rinse, and dry the arugula or watercress and put it into a mixing bowl with the bacon. Pour the dressing over and toss lightly, then arrange in circles on individual plates.