- prep 20 min cook 10 min
- serves 10-12
- 2 each large green, sweet red and yellow peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 pound bulk mozzarella cheese, cut into bite-size cubes
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and halved
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh basil (or 1 tsp. dried)
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
How to make it
Thread peppers onto metal or soaked wooden skewers; grill or broil for 10-12 minutes or until edges are browned. Remove from skewers and place in a large bowl.
Add onion, mozzarella and olives; toss gently. Cover and refrigerate.
In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine vinaigrette ingredients, shake well. Pour over the pepper mixture just before serving; toss to coat.