- prep 30 min
- serves 4
Recipe for grilled vegetables and three different marinades.
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 1/4 cup white or red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds eggplant, zucchini, summer squash, sweet peppers, or portobello mushrooms or a combination, prepared for grilling
- Calories: 41 g
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Sodium: 100 mg
- Carbs: 1 g
How to Make it
Nutritional Information(per serving)
Basil-Thyme Grilled Vegetables
Prepare as directed above, using the following marinade: 1/3 cup olive oil or vegetable oil, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons each chopped fresh basil and thyme or 2 teaspoons crumbled dried basil or thyme, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Makes about 1 cup marinade.
Asian Grilled Vegetables
Prepare as directed above, substituting the following basting sauce for marinade: 1 finely minced large shallot, 4 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 1/2 teaspoons dark sesame oil, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, 1 minced clove garlic, 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon sugar, and 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce. Do not marinate. Instead, baste just before grilling and once when turning halfway through cooking. If using mushrooms, leave caps whole. Makes about 1/4 cup basting sauce.