- prep 15 min cook 25 min
SECRET INGREDIENT: butterscotch chips
Here’s a way to take that can of mixed nuts in your cupboard to new heights of flavor. Mix them with melted butterscotch chips and bake them on a sweet pastry crust.
IngredientsNumber of servings: Makes 3.5 dozen
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter or margarine
- 1 can (11 1/2 ounces) mixed nuts
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine
How to make it 40 minutes
Use your favorite salted nuts, such as cashews, peanuts, almonds, and walnuts. If you can, avoid mixes that include very large nuts such as Brazil nuts. These are harder to cut into bars once baked into this dessert.