Use miniature M&Ms (green are fun) to make the irises in these monster eyes and begin with very soft butter, or the ingredients will be difficult to blend. Mound the eyeballs into a bowl for serving, or lay them out on a tray in a row after unblinking row.
- 1 ½ cups creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 1 (1-pound) package confectioners’ sugar (about 4 cups)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons solid vegetable shortening
- 1 (3-ounce) package miniature M&Ms