Picked up from around the web, here are little-known facts about the year’s sweetest holiday:
2. The average candy haul: 91 pieces.
3. Of those 91 pieces, parents take about 30 for themselves!
4. One pillowcase will hold 48 pounds of candy—about 1,690 pieces!
5. But don’t worry about your neighbors running out of candy, even if you trick-or-treat your way to 48 pounds—Americans buy 600 million pounds of candy for Halloween. (And spend $48 a family!)
6. “Candy Corn” is the most searched for candy term on Google.
7. There’s a perfect beer pairing for every Halloween candy. Snickers, for example, pairs well with milk stout.
8. You can—and most definitely should—turn leftovers into candy ice cream.
9. Or better yet, a candy salad. (And believe it or not, some versions are apparently served as a side dish—not dessert!)
10. And if all else fails, and you can’t eat another piece of plain candy… make candy pie.
(Photo by Juushika Redgrave via Wikimedia Commons.)