- Chili Sauce
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 8 hot dogs, cooked according to package directions
- 8 hot dog buns, split and lightly toasted
- Cheddar cheese, shredded, optional
How to make it
In a medium skillet, over medium heat, brown beef and onions, breaking up beef into small pieces. Drain fat from skillet. Reduce heat to low.
Stir in tomato, Worcestershire and hot pepper sauces, chili powder, salt and pepper and sugar. Simmer for about 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Place cooked hot dogs into toasted buns. Ladle 1/4 cup chili sauce over each hot dog. If desired, top with cheese.
Want more hot dog ideas? Check out 6 Hot Dog Recipes (Plus: 2 Irresistible Dips).