- prep 30 min cook 35 min
- serves 8
- 5 large peaches, ripe but firm
- 10 dried apricot halves, finely chopped
- 6 packaged amaretti cookies, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 large egg white
- 1/3 cup chopped, blanched almonds
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
To serve (optional)
Low-fat sour cream or vanilla ice cream
How to make it 1 hour, 5 minutes
Some More Ideas
Baked raisin-stuffed apples: Instead of the peaches, substitute 5 large red-skinned baking apples (about 2 1/2
pounds), such as Cortland, Jonathan, or Rome Beauty. Cut 4 of the apples in half (do not peel) and core. Instead of the amaretti filling, use the remaining peeled, cored, chopped apple, 1 cup coconut macaroon crumbs, 1/2 cup golden raisins, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon light rum, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, and 1 large egg white.
Baked cherry-stuffed pears: Substitute 5 large ripe pears for the peaches and 3/4 cup dried cherries for the apricots.
Baked cranberry-stuffed nectarines: Use 5 large ripe nectarines for the peaches and 3/4 cup dried cranberries for the apricots. Use 1/3 cup chopped pistachios in place of the almonds.
- Dried apricots are a good source of potassium, which is needed to maintain normal blood pressure.
- Amaretti cookies are a type of macaroon made with whipped egg whites and almond paste. Because they are made with a meringue, they are lower in fat than many other cookies.
Nutritional Information(per serving)
- Calories: 174
- Calories from Fat: 48
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Sodium: 56mg
- Carbs: 30g
- Sugars: 21g
- Protein: 3g
- Fiber: 3g
Good source of riboflavin, vitamin A, vitamin C.
Exchanges: carbohydrate 2, fat 1/2
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.