This delicious and attractive appetizer is simple to prepare. You can make the creamy pesto filling ahead of time (keep it, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days), but wait until shortly before serving to stuff the tomatoes.
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves, washed and dried
- 2 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoins pine nuts, toasted (see tip below)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), cut into chunks
- 2 pints (4 cups) cherry tomatoes, washed and dried
How to make it 35 minutes
Nutritional Information(per serving)
- Calories: 64
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Carbs: 2g
- Protein: 2g
Healthy Cooking Tip
Toast pine nuts in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until light golden and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and let cool.
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.