The chocolate is really only a diversion — the inside is where the power resides. Raisins, hempseeds, nuts, and whole grains provide a rich combination of fiber, healthy oils, and protein with a great blend of flavors.
Makes 48 pops
You Will Need
1 cup raisins (or dried apricots, dates, or figs)
1/2 cup raw shelled hempseeds (available at health food and specialty stores)
1 1/2 cups low-fat nutty granola (no added oils)
3 cups crispy organic brown rice cereal
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup natural peanut butter
2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
3 tablespoons skim milk
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup chopped almonds
What to Do
1. Place dried fruit, hempseeds, granola, and 2 cups of the rice cereal in a food processor.
Grind until all is broken down into tiny pieces.
2. Place honey and peanut butter in a small pan and heat for 3-5 minutes. Take off the stove and
stir until smooth. Add honey/peanut butter to the raisin-cereal mixture and grind again until a
sticky dough forms.
3. Transfer the “dough” into a larger bowl and stir in the remaining cup of crispy brown rice
cereal, digging in with your (clean!) hands, until well mixed. Scoop out small amounts (about 1
tablespoon) of the paste with a melon ball scooper or just with your fingers, roll it in the palm
of your hand into little balls, and place on a baking sheet or large platter.
4. Meanwhile, heat milk in a pan until it boils. Take off flame. Break up bittersweet chocolate
into pieces and stir into hot milk until smooth. Let cool for a few minutes.
5. Mix oats and chopped almonds in a bowl and sprinkle over an 8 x 12-inch pan lined with wax
paper. Dip and roll each ball in the melted chocolate so it is evenly coated and place on top of
the oats/almond mixture. Repeat until all the balls are done.
6. Stick a wood craft stick in each ball and place the pan in the freezer for at least 15 minutes
so the chocolate can harden. Wrap the pops individually in cellophane, or store together in a
large plastic bag and freeze.
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.