- prep 45+min cook 3 hrs
- serves 16
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 25 wafers)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate baking squares
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk chocolate chips
- 4 ounces white chocolate baking squares
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup water
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup half-and-half cream, warmed
- 1 3/4 cups heavy or whipping cream
- Semisweet chocolate chips, melted, for garnish
How to make it 3 hours, 45 minutes
Editor’s Note: Torte can be prepared 2 days in advance. Cover with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator.
Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of a car with the cramped public exposure of an airplane.
I think my pilot was a little inexperienced. We were sitting on the runway, and he said, “OK, folks, we’re gonna be taking off in a just few—whoa! Here we go.”
“I can’t wait until your vacation is over.” —Everyone following you on Instagram
A man knocked on my door and asked for a donation toward the local swimming pool. So I gave him a glass of water.
Comedian Greg Davies
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.