SECRET INGREDIENT: beer
Belgians have a way with stew. Their secret? Add beer to the braising liquid. Here’s a new twist on traditional Belgian beef carbonnade made with veal. Dark beer enhances the rich flavor of the mushrooms.
- prep 15 min cook 90 min
- serves 4
- 1 pound stewing veal, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 portobello mushrooms, stems removed and caps cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 large shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) dark beer
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound large carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch lengths
How to make it 1 hour, 45 minutes
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.