- prep 40 min cook 45 min
- serves 8
Couscous is a staple in much of North Africa, where it is often served topped with tender, colorful vegetables. In Tunisia it is usually spiced with a traditional hot chili sauce called harissa.
- Vegetable stew
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, turmeric, cloves, coriander, and ginger
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) chopped tomatoes
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup pumpkin, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small sweet potato, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 turnip, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup green beans, cut into short pieces
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, drained
- Salt and pepper
- 10 1/2 ounces couscous
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Chili sauce to taste
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- Calories: 342
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 799 mg
- Carbs: 71 g
- Protein: 11 g
- Fiber: 9 g
How to make it 1 hour, 25 mins plus standing time
Nutritional Information(per serving)
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.