An old-fashioned comfort food gets a flavor enhancement and vitamin boost from grated carrots and sliced tomatoes, proving macaroni and cheese can be healthy and delicious.
- prep 15 min cook 30 min
- serves 8
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 scallions, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups low-fat (1%) milk, warmed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and coarsely grated
- 2 tomatoes, cored and sliced
- 1 cup fresh whole-wheat bread crumbs
- Calories: 502
- Fat: 19 g
- Saturated Fat: 9 g
- Cholesterol: 39 mg
- Sodium: 862 mg
- Carbs: 60 g
- Protein: 26 g
- Fiber: 3 g
How to make it 45 minutes
Nutritional Information(per serving)
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.