This delicious trio of dips can be whipped up in no time. Your guests will love snacking on this festive appetizer platter.
Photo copyright © The Ultimate Christmas Book, 2006
- 1 cup ( 1 1/2 oz./42 g) fresh basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 tbsp. pine nuts
- 1 cup (9 oz./250 g) plus 2 tbsp. plain low-fat yogurt
Fresh Herb Dip
- 3/4 cup (6 fl oz./170 ml) sour cream
- 1 scallion, minced
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp. fresh chives, finely snipped
- 1 tsp. tarragon vinegar
Italian-Style Tomato Dip
- 3/4 cup (2 oz./56 g) sun-dried tomatoes (dry-packed)
- 1/3 cup (2 1/2 oz./75 g) cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup (2 1/2 oz./75 g) plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup (3/4 oz./21 g) fresh basil leaves
1 lb. (450 g) mixed vegetable cudités, such as baby carrots, zucchini sticks, baby sweetcorn, green beans (blanched in boiling water for 1 minute), bell pepper strips, Belgian endive, and broccoli florets.
How to make it
For the Pesto-Yogurt Dip, crush the basil, garlic, and pine nuts into a paste with a mortar and pestle. Work in the yogurt a little at a time, until mixed. Season to taste. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and chill.
For the Fresh Herb Dip, stir all ingredients together in a bowl until blended. Cover tightly and chill.
For the Italian-Style Tomato Dip, place the sun-dried tomatoes in a heatproof bowl and pour over boiling water to cover. Leave to soak until the tomatoes are tender, about 30 minutes. Drain the tomatoes, pat dry, then finely chop. Purée the cottage cheese with the yogurt in food processor. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the tomatoes. Cover and chill.