Looking for a simple breakfast option? Skip past store-bought bran muffins. While they may seem like a healthy choice, most of the muffins you’ll find at the grocery store are loaded with sugar, fat, and calories.
IngredientsNumber of servings: 1 muffin
- 1 cup bran cereal (such as All-Bran or Fiber One)
- 1 ½ cups mashed banana or unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons dark molasses
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 egg whites or 1 whole egg or 1/4 cup liquid egg substitute
- 2/3 cup blueberries or 1/4 cup Craisins and 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
How to make it
Nutritional Information(per serving)
- Calories: 60
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 106mg
- Carbs: 13g
- Protein: 2g
- Fiber: 3g
This recipe, which uses a whole cup of bran cereal, provides a healthy dose of fiber, which means a more mild effect on your blood sugar.
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.