- prep 10-15 min cook 10 min
- serves 8
The smooth flavor of the mushrooms is enhanced by cooking them with garlic, herbs, and a dollop of tangy low-fat sour cream. The mushrooms taste wonderful piled on top of whole-grain toast spread with ricotta cheese.
IngredientsNumber of servings: 1 cup
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Good pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 pound button mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped
- fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 8 thick slices cut from a small loaf of whole-grain bread
How to make it 20-25minutes
Some More Ideas
Deviled mushroom toasts: Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a nonstick skillet, add 1 thinly sliced onion and cook over
medium heat until softened. Stir in 1 crushed garlic clove, 1 pound halved mushrooms, and 1 seeded and diced red bell pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes, then stir in 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, and 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar. Lower the heat and cook gently for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 2 tablespoons chopped parsley and season lightly with salt and pepper. Toast the bread and spread with 1/2 cup low-fat soft goat cheese. Spoon the hot deviled mushroom mixture over the toasts and serve immediately.
- Though there are over 2,500 varieties of mushrooms grown throughout the world, not all are edible and some are poisonous. All edible mushrooms are a useful source of several B vitamins.
- Like other cheeses, ricotta is a good source of protein and calcium. Because of its high moisture content, it is lower in fat than many other varieties of soft cheese.
Nutritional Information(per serving)
- Calories: 148
- Calories from Fat: 32
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Sodium: 261mg
- Carbs: 24g
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 8g
- Fiber: 4g
Exchanges: starch 1 1/2, fat 1/2
Excellent source of riboflavin. Good source of folate, iron, magnesium, niacin, phosphorus, potassium, thiamine, vitamin C.
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.