Looking for an impressive finale to your holiday dinner? This spectacular dessert, drummed up by our test kitchen, features a sweet-tart cranberry topping paired with a tangy orange cake and filling.
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup red currant jelly
- 1 medium navel orange, unpeeled and quartered
- 1 package (18 1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Yellow liquid food coloring
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 4 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- Yellow and red liquid food coloring
- 28 fresh or frozen cranberries
How to make topping
How to make cake
How to make filling
How to frost
*Editor’s Note: This recipe was prepared with Duncan Hines yellow cake mix. Use of a coupler ring will allow you to easily change pastry tips for different designs.
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.