Oh! Rings Grilled CheeseCourtesy of Adams Media Publishers
Sandwich onion rings with horseradish cheddar cheese and top with cocktail sauce and chives.
4–7 frozen onion rings
2–4 tablespoons melted sweet butter, for grilling
2 slices multigrain bread
1⁄2 cup shredded horseradish Cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon cocktail sauce
1⁄2 tablespoon chives
1. Cook frozen onion rings according to package directions.
2. Brush the melted butter on the outside of the 2 slices of multigrain bread. In an unheated sauté pan, place 1 slice of bread butter side down. Place horseradish cheese on top of bread, followed by cooked onion rings, cocktail sauce, and chives. Place other slice of bread on top, butter side up. Turn burner to medium heat.
3. Let sandwich cook for 3–5 minutes per side or until bread is golden brown.
4. Cut on the diagonal and serve warm.
The Savory Waffle Grilled CheeseCourtesy of Adams Media Publishers
Press waffles around cheese, fried egg, and avocado for a tangy grilled cheese.
2 waffles, cooked
1 tablespoon sweet butter
Pepper, to taste
1⁄2 cup shredded horseradish white Cheddar cheese
3 slices avocado
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a sauté pan, melt the sweet the sweet butter on medium heat. Once pan is warm, crack egg into pan. Season egg with pepper to taste. Once the egg white has turned solid, flip, and let cook for 2 minutes. Set aside.
3. On a baking sheet, place 1 slice of horseradish white Cheddar on 1 waffle, followed by fried egg, avocado, and other slice of horseradish white Cheddar. Top with the other waffle.
4. Bake for 5 minutes and serve warm.
The Candy Cane Grilled CheeseCourtesy of Adams Media Publishers
Split flaky biscuits and top with creamy ricotta, candy cane bits, and crumbled gingersnaps.
1 can Pillsbury Grands! Jr. Golden Layers refrigerated biscuits
1⁄8 cup crushed peppermint candies or candy canes
1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
4 gingersnap cookies, cracked into pea-sized chunks
1. Bake 4 biscuits according to instructions on packaging. Let cool and then slice horizontally.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine crushed peppermint and ricotta cheese.
4. Distribute gingersnap chunks evenly on bottom half of each biscuit, followed by ricotta/peppermint mixture and top of biscuits.
5. Bake for 3 minutes on a baking sheet, remove from oven, and serve warm.
Content continues below ad
Cayenne Cornbread Grilled CheeseCourtesy of Adams Media Publishers
Wedge sharp Manchego between cornbread and top with fried tomatoes and corn salsa.
1⁄4 cup panko bread crumbs
Garlic powder, to taste
Cayenne powder, to taste
1 kumato tomato, sliced (4–5 slices)
Cracked pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 store-bought piece of cornbread, sliced horizontally
5⁄8 cup shredded manchego cheese, divided
1⁄4–1⁄3 cup corn salsa, depending on size of bread
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Combine panko bread crumbs, garlic powder and cayenne powder. Cover tomato slices with the seasoned bread crumbs. Season with cracked pepper.
3. Place oil in a sauté pan. Fry the tomatoes on medium-high heat, flipping once, for approximately 5 minutes or until brown. Remove from heat.
4. Build the sandwich on a baking sheet. On the bottom half of the cornbread place 1⁄8 cup manchego, followed by the fried tomatoes, corn salsa, and 1⁄4 cup of manchego cheese. Place 1⁄4 cup of manchego cheese on the other half of the cornbread. Do not close the sandwich. Bake for 5 minutes.
5. Close sandwich and serve warm.
Content continues below ad